The dates for the 2022 Gathering have changed to June 5th – June 11th. See the ‘2022 Gathering‘ page for details.
Welcome to the National Association of Aladdin Lamp Collectors, Inc. (NAALC) website
- The Mission of the NAALC is:
- To stimulate interest in Aladdin lamps and home lighting since 1900
- To encourage lighting research
- To collect and preserve lighting artifacts, materials and information
- To disseminate information about lighting and Aladdin lamps
- To work with other groups and organizations in exhibit and promotion
- To facilitate exchange of antique lamps
Each person who pays their registration fee at an annual Gathering is an ‘associate member’ of the NAALC, as well as everyone who subscribes to the Mystic Light newsletter.
The National Association of Aladdin Lamp Collectors (NAALC), Inc. was incorporated in 2002 as a 501(c)3 not for profit corporation. The purpose of the corporation as stated in its’ by-laws is: The corporation shall be dedicated to the collection and preservation of antique lamps and lighting manufactured and sold by The Mantle Lamp Company of America, Aladdin Industries, Inc., The Aladdin Mantle Lamp Company, and other competitive companies. The corporation shall also encourage research and gather for collection of the technology of incandescent lighting from its beginning and share information by display and study to actively promote the preservation and collection of any such lighting. Incandescent mantle lamps provided light for millions around the world throughout the 20th century. The primary goal of the corporation is to establish and maintain a permanent museum and archives for the purpose of expanding the public’s awareness of antique lamps not only as an art and decorative form but also for historical reflection of American culture.